Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent issues with some fonts when I print

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We use Oswald font in many documents (it is part of the visual identity of our small business).

We create PDF from Excel.

On the screen, everything looks great, but when we print it, the weight of this font is no longer correct (it prints it in Oswal Light, maybe Extralight, when it should print it in Oswald Regular).

Something is quite weird: all of this was working perfectly fine until a few months.

Now:

If we print from Excel, the font is correct.

If we print from another PDF Reader, the font is correct.

Inside Acrobat Reader DC, the display is correct, but the printing is not.

I checked a few things, and couldn't find anything abnormal:

- this font with its weight variants are still correctly installed in Windows

- inside Acrobat Reader : File> Properties> Fonts, among the listed fonts I can see Oswald, with the mention "jeux partiels incorporés" (which means +/-partial set embedded). The very same mention appears on almost all other fonts (ArialNarrow for example).

- inside Acrobat Reader : Edit > Preferences > Display / Rendering: use local fonts is checked

If anyone has an idea of what I am supposed to do to fix this issue, it would be really great.

For the moment, our titles and subtitles print so thin that they can hardly be read.

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thakyou your post confirms there is nothing with the pdf since prints fine everywhere except one install of Acrobat Reader. Your settings must have been changed from default on something such as in accessibility to a  custom color enabled or other.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/difficulty-printing-pdf-files-everything-is-too-light/...

if that is not the issue reset your prefs

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/m-p/47920...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you, but, in the 1st post you mention, it is about a color issue. I don't have any problem with color.

When I say it prints in Oswald Light or Extralight, I am talking about the font weight, not the color. (Oswald font comes with 5 different font weight: Extralight Light Regular Semibold and Medium)

Also, I don't agree with your statement "there is nothing with the PDF since prints fine everywhere except one install of Acrobat Reader" :

- every single of the 5 computers here have the same issue with PDF printing from Acrobat Reader DC

- the Oswald font prints fine everywhere (Excel in XLSX files, Word in DOCX files, Foxit Reader in PDF files...) except in Acrobat Reader

Resetting preference settings to default? I will in the end if I can't find any other solution, but it seems very weird that the 5 computers (used by 5 different persons) would have lost settings at the same time. Possible, but very unlikely.

Any other idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could provide a sample PDF file that has this issue, I can test it out from both Windows and MacOS here at Adobe and see if we can duplicate the problem.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Here is one. Focus on the title, the way it prints.

Since I don't know how to join any files in the forum, I uploaded the following on my own website, and you can download the files from the following links :

- pdf file : https://www.rouchenergies.fr/images/stories/documents/adobe-reader-issue/print-issues-on-pdf-test-fi...

- xlsx file from where the pdf file was created : https://www.rouchenergies.fr/images/stories/documents/adobe-reader-issue/print-issues-on-pdf-test-fi...

- scan of the prints I get from both of them : https://www.rouchenergies.fr/images/stories/documents/adobe-reader-issue/print-issues-on-pdf-test-fi...

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you find anything thanks to the samples I sent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, it takes the fonts inside word [mainly headers] and then changes them from Oswald Medium to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines