Recipient can open a protected PDF document without putting in a password

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up with Adobe Acrobat DC today and send a PDF that required a signature and was password protected but the recipient could open the document without putting in a password. However, when they finish signing it and sending it back to me, I am the one that has to put in a password to access the PDF that I sent the recipient.  Why is this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this can happen when non-compliant software is used, although it's quite rare to happen if the file has a File-Open password. Do you know what application they used?

The second part is normal, though. It doesn't matter if you applied the password. You'll still need to enter it when opening the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines