Highlighted

Redaction cursor - How to Change from Text to Drawing a Square

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to change Adobe Redaction Tool from picking up text to being able to redact a block rather than letters?

Sorry, I’m not explaining this very well – I want to draw a square, the size of my choosing, round some handwriting, but I can’t get Adobe to see hthe handwriting as anything other than text and it won't redact the whole of the piece of handwriting – I want the ‘crosshairs’ cursor to display so I can draw round it.  It's in the middle of a page containing both typewritten and handwritten wording.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Redaction cursor - How to Change from Text to Drawing a Square

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to change Adobe Redaction Tool from picking up text to being able to redact a block rather than letters?

Sorry, I’m not explaining this very well – I want to draw a square, the size of my choosing, round some handwriting, but I can’t get Adobe to see hthe handwriting as anything other than text and it won't redact the whole of the piece of handwriting – I want the ‘crosshairs’ cursor to display so I can draw round it.  It's in the middle of a page containing both typewritten and handwritten wording.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the redaction tool mouse click on "Redact Text & Images" 

Bild1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Berndt ,,, you have no idea how much I appreciate that!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Berndt, sorry, is clicking on that supposed to toggle between the 2 types of cursor?  I have tried it on the document I am wroking on and it is only giving me the option to redact the wording as text, not to draw a box the size I want around it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this hasn't been resolved ... how can I change they type of cursor from redacting text to drawing a shape, please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can draw a rectangle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0