• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redaction: Custom patterns are not respecting case sensitivity

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a custom redaction pattern to look for capitalized words.  However, Acrobat's redact tool is not respecting case sensitivity.  So it therefore matches every word in the document, not just the capitalized ones.

Example:

(\b)([A-Z])([A-Za-z]+)(\b)

That should be matching a word that starts with an uppercase letter, and then has any mix of uppercase and lowercase letters after it, before the next word break.  Acrobat is ignoring the character class, and matching all words.

Is there is some way to turn off case-insensitivity in the redaction tool, please let me know where it is, as I do not see a way to set it either as a preference, or via the RegEx pattern.

If this is a bug in Acrobat, please pass it along (assuming their are any Adobe employees reading).

Thanks for any advice on this.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but here is where you can log issues that Adobe should look at - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I just added a post there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines