Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redaction Error

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

When applying redactions on Adobe Acrobat Pro I am getting an error code - (16) pop up. 

I have read the previous posts on here and attempted to use the "Print PDF" method but I do not seem to have this option. This has only become a problem for me this week. I am working on the same format documents as before, and nothing has changed. 

Any advice would be greatly welcome.

Thank you,

Nat

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nat

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to redact and getting the error (16)

This error message is displayed when there is something wrong with the PDF file or the file is corrupt.

Please try to recreate the PDF file by printing to Adobe PDF and then try to redact the file and check.
Open the PDF file > Print > Select 'Adobe PDF' in the printer list > Save the PDF with new name.

You may also check out the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-t-apply-redaction-problem-reading-this-document-16-acroba... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

As I said, I do not have the option to "Print PDF" so cannot try this.

When you say "something wrong with the PDF" what could this mean?

As the files are sent to us by a client so it may be something they are
doing.

--
Many thanks,
Natalie Bennett
[P.I Removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Natalie

We are sorry to hear that. Are you on Mac OS? If yes , The Adobe PDF printer is not available on Mac. However, you can use the Save As Adobe PDF option to print a file to PDF on Mac.

For more information please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines