• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redaction in Adobe Acrobat Standard 11.0.23

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Standard (11.0.23) loaded to Lenovo all in one running Windows 10.  Tools/Protection does not include a function to perform redaction or black-out (it ONLY allows restriction of editing, encription, rights management, creation of a security envelope and removal of hidden information).  
1. Is there a setting I can do to allow redaction in this version of Acrobat?

2. If not, what is the least expensive upgrade I can get that will allow redaction?  The only tool I need that I don't currently have is the redaction tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Acrobat forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little known fact that Acrobat Standard can in fact perform redactions, just like Acrobat Pro, even though those tools are not available in its user interface. The way to do it is by using a script. I've created a (paid-for) tool that can convert other types of comments (such as Squares or Highlights) into Redaction annotations, and then even apply them, and it will work in any version of Acrobat. You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2013/12/acrobat-convert-comments-to-redactions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Redaction is definitely a Pro tool. You need Acrobat Pro. Current versions are subscription (about $15 per month) and also a perpetual license to Acrobat Pro 2020. I recommend the subscription, since it includes future updates and the signs are that Microsoft will keep changing Windows to break old apps. I fear you've left it too late for upgrade pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines