Highlighted

Redaction tool

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased acrobat reader DC, however i'm struggling to understand how to redact a pdf document?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Karl Heinz Kremer | Adobe Community Professional

There is a tools search function built into Adobe Acrobat: At the top of your screen shot, you see field with the gray text "Find your tools here". This is actually a search field, and when you type e.g. "redact" into that field, Acrobat will display only those tools that fit your search term. This is much simpler than trying to remember in which category a certain tool is. There is another search field at the top of the tools pane on the right.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Redaction tool

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased acrobat reader DC, however i'm struggling to understand how to redact a pdf document?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Karl Heinz Kremer | Adobe Community Professional

There is a tools search function built into Adobe Acrobat: At the top of your screen shot, you see field with the gray text "Find your tools here". This is actually a search field, and when you type e.g. "redact" into that field, Acrobat will display only those tools that fit your search term. This is much simpler than trying to remember in which category a certain tool is. There is another search field at the top of the tools pane on the right.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2017 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC is free, and can't redact files.

What exactly did you purchase?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 1
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions posted by Bernd are a good introduction to the process. I'd like to add two things:

Redaction is only available in Adobe Acrobat Pro - not in Standard, and as was already explained, not in the free Reader.

Redaction is always a two step process: You first mark, and in a second step, you apply these marks to the document, and only this second step will actually remove the information you want to redact. If you forget about the second step, your document will not be redacted, and everybody will be able to see what information you've marked for redaction.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 1
New Here ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own and use Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. I cant find the redaction tool.

I have looked in each menu but can not find.

Gus Hansch

gus-hansch@msn.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Tools search for redact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked in Tools. I have opened each sub-folder but no Redact. Image is a screen shot of my desktop view.Adobe Acrobat Pro.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under Protect...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 1
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. That was easy. That opened the right menu. I placed it in my tool section.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Very Much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0