Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redesign icon for "insert page" to contrast with icon for "extract page"

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe: 

Please redesign the icon graphic for the "insert page" button in Acrobat.  Right now, the icon looks too similar to the "extract page" icon, and does not seem to match the action that it causes.  This is confusing and makes the software less intuitive.

The "insert page" icon shows an arrow that originates in the center of a single page and points outside of that page.  This suggests that something is being taken OUT of the page/document, when in fact the "insert" action is exactly the opposite.  In other words, the arrow should originate from outside of the document and point into the center of it, to show that a thing is being inserted.   In particular, the "insert page" icon looks substantially the same as the "extract page" icon, which itself shows an arrow originating inside the page and pointing outwards.  Given that the two functions are essentially opposites, they should show opposite things.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

I completely agree with you but this forum is mostly covered by users like yourself who are trying to help. 

Please take the time to present your idea (that I whole heartedly agree with) to:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I completely agree with you but this forum is mostly covered by users like yourself who are trying to help. 

Please take the time to present your idea (that I whole heartedly agree with) to:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines