• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduced file size changed image/object colors

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020. Reducing the file size of a PDF changes the overall quality, some of the fonts from bold to normal, and washes out / mutes the image colors. These things happened with and without optimization while reducing. 

lexi5F9D_1-1617837709051.png

How do I solve the resolution and washed out color issues?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. 

As you are trying to reduce the PDF, would it be possible to share the PDF with us? We would like to check the file at our end. It would be helpful if you can share both the original and changed PDF.

Share the exact changes you are making in the settings window so we can replicate the behavior.

Share the Acrobat and OS version you are using on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I'm unable to share the PDFs. They're property of a client. The originals are exported from Esri ArcMap application, then delivered to us and now I'm reducing file size for easier sending and converting to JPEG format, too. 

I've sanitized the PDF and if "overlapping object" is selected the color is muted, solved by unselecting. Reducing file size compromising the resolution. Need a fix for this.

The JPEG export is still creating washed out colors. How do I preserve the colors on an exported JPEG? I didn't change any JPEG settings, since I don't know what to change to help the issue. Could it be a transparency issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out the discolored objects are the transparent ones. In "Flattener Preview" I selected all 4 boxes under Transparency Flattener Preset Options (Convert All Text to Outlines ; Convert All Strokes toOutlines; Clip Complex Regions; and Preserve Overprint". I changed the Color Space to "DeviceRGB" and applied the changes. Then exported as JPEG, colors still washed out. 

I changed up settings in Flattener Preview and nothing works. 

I need an answer on how to preserve JPEG colors, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines