Highlighted

Refresh Windows Fonts in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 and have added a few fonts for a project. However, even thought they are in C:\Windows\Fonts, they don't show up in Acrobat.

Is there a way to refesh the list in Acrobat and make it update it view of the Fonts folder?

TIA

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Refresh Windows Fonts in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 and have added a few fonts for a project. However, even thought they are in C:\Windows\Fonts, they don't show up in Acrobat.

Is there a way to refesh the list in Acrobat and make it update it view of the Fonts folder?

TIA

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuk,

Having fonts in your OS is not as important as having the fonts in the document you are working on. 

If your document is composed of (say) Times), just because you have Bauhaus 93 on your computer will not make it show up in the document in Acrobat. However, IF you have Bauhaus 93 in the original document, than you will have access to it in that document in Acrobat. 

I hope that makes sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gary!

But the fonts are in the document and show up fine in the PDF, but a lot of other fonts (not in the Word document) are embedded. When I tried to tell Acrobat to only embed the files I'm using, Acrobat DC doesn't show the new fonts I've installed to c:\Windows\Fonts and am using in my document.

My thought was to only embed the fonts in use, but as they don't show up in c:\Windows\Fonts in the Acrobat DC interface to let me do that.

Best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Ha! You didn't say that before!! 8>)

Please keep in mind that Acrobat can embed only Type 1 and TTF fonts. So my next question is: are the fonts you're having issues with either of those types?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Yest they are both TTF fonts.

R/Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF