Highlighted

Reinstalled Adobe Acrobat CS6 and now it closes after about 10-15 seconds. Not crashes. Just closes.

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a major problem with my computer and needed to reinstall everything - including Adobe CS6. Prior to the reinstall, everything was working fine.

Now when I use Adobe Acrobat X Pro it opens the document for about 5-10 seconds then just closes it. Does not crash. Can reopen. Just very, very frustrating.

Windows 10 64bit

Adobe CS 6 installed to my F drive (which runs fine)
Adobe Acrobat Pro X v 10.1.1

Here is what I have tried:

>>Downloaded and tried to install AdbeRdrUpd1016 (v 10.1.6) but it failed with "you don't have persmission for this folder" error. Tried to force the permissions to all Admin but still would not complete. Tried with two separate installs of two different versions. The installer found it fine on the F drive, just would not complete and always failed at the same point. This is a single computer and I have admin rights.

>>Acrobat X Pro > Help > Repair  - did not work. Went through the "repair" but nothing improved.

>>Acrobat X Pro > Edit > Preferences > Security (enhanced) > made sure that enhanced is not selected.

Not sure what else I should be doing here. I need more than just the Reader as I need to be able to change layouts and add/delete pages.

Any thoughts?

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reinstalled Adobe Acrobat CS6 and now it closes after about 10-15 seconds. Not crashes. Just closes.

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a major problem with my computer and needed to reinstall everything - including Adobe CS6. Prior to the reinstall, everything was working fine.

Now when I use Adobe Acrobat X Pro it opens the document for about 5-10 seconds then just closes it. Does not crash. Can reopen. Just very, very frustrating.

Windows 10 64bit

Adobe CS 6 installed to my F drive (which runs fine)
Adobe Acrobat Pro X v 10.1.1

Here is what I have tried:

>>Downloaded and tried to install AdbeRdrUpd1016 (v 10.1.6) but it failed with "you don't have persmission for this folder" error. Tried to force the permissions to all Admin but still would not complete. Tried with two separate installs of two different versions. The installer found it fine on the F drive, just would not complete and always failed at the same point. This is a single computer and I have admin rights.

>>Acrobat X Pro > Help > Repair  - did not work. Went through the "repair" but nothing improved.

>>Acrobat X Pro > Edit > Preferences > Security (enhanced) > made sure that enhanced is not selected.

Not sure what else I should be doing here. I need more than just the Reader as I need to be able to change layouts and add/delete pages.

Any thoughts?

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must update to Acrobat X latest version: 10.1.16

You can download updaters here:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried twice (same error message about permissions) but will try again when I am not on deadline (and limping along with the free Reader version)

Thanks for your help.

Will let you know if I can upgrade and fix it later today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install all updates in ascending order, starting from the one above your current version. You can't skip any versions in the middle. Bottom line, though, is that Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, so problems are to be expected. If you need a working solution fast then get Acrobat DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF