• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relative Links

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF and am trying to create links to word and XCel spread sheets .  

Using the link box i crewate a link to file. I test on my machine .. totally fine... send to another machine it does not work

When i send them to another person to check they are unable to see the link also.

I have placed all docs in 1 folder. It just doesnt see them when they leave my machine.

driving me mad

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs cannot have relative links, only absolute links, sorry. But if you place the linked fles online and then link to them, it will work (because they'll be absolute links).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. In fact, all links created in Acrobat to external files are relative, unless the linked-to file is on a different drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be the case, but it’s not behaving like that at all. The org file was a ai file exported as a pdf. I then created links to files within acrobat. Saved and it worked fine. Only when I sent the files and pdf to another person it did not work.
I’m guessing im unable to share such files?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what application they used to open the PDF file, and whether they kept the other files in the same (relative) location to the main PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They opened with acrobat and all the files were contained within the same folder.

It works totally fime om my machine, its only when i send them on that it does not see the links. I have tried on multiple machines 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the actual file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines