Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Acrobat DC update from Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does anyone know how to remove the Acrobat DC reminders from CC Desktop?

My scenario. I have the CC Photography plan and a separate installation of Acrobat X

I guess CC Desktop sees 'X' and offers me an update. However, I tried that and all it did was uninstall 'X' and offered me a trial of DC, so I have reverted it to X

I just keep getting these nags to update to DC

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC does not have any reminders for Acrobat Reader DC. But you are right that it does try to encourage you to install Acrobat DC, if you have an older Acrobat Pro, and that you would have to pay (something for which there is no warning). Upgrading is recommended and important because of unfixed security issues, but really, it should stop doing this. People have been complaining for YEARS but Adobe doesn't seem to have any interest in fixing this, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say Reader DC! It IS Acrobat DC, and is very annoying, but thanks for the heads up on Adobe ignoring it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone else typed the subject line for your post, in that case.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, yes I mis-titled it. In the post it was all about Acrobat X and DC. My bad on the title.

I have edited it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

meanwhile it's February 2021, and there ist still no answer, and this is still an issue. I dislike being nudged all the time. My scenario is the same as neilg41066158's. And I would be very happy, if Adobe could remove Acrobat DC from my list. Or if the community could give an advice, how to... Thx, M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines