Highlighted

Repair makes DC copy unusable

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to run repair on my copy of Adobe Pro and it has now rendered it ususable because it wants me to activate a 7 day trial.  I have been using this for 3 years up through this morning.

How do I get back to my previously purchased copy?

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Repair makes DC copy unusable

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to run repair on my copy of Adobe Pro and it has now rendered it ususable because it wants me to activate a 7 day trial.  I have been using this for 3 years up through this morning.

How do I get back to my previously purchased copy?

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TerCo

We are sorry for the touble. As described, after repairing the installation, you are getting the 7 day trial message.

Please try to sign outof the application, reboot the computer once and sign back in and check if that makes any difference.

If it still doesnt work, please try the steps below and see if the works for you.

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders.  (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) Rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

5) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe  and rename Opm.db to opm.old

6) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/   and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

7) Launch the application and sign in .

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
TerCo LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all these steps and it did not resolve the problem. I logged in as admin and it directed to uninstall and reinstall. Error code: 16.  I do not have ready access to the original Product Code. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF