Highlighted

Repeating signature creates only one Read Only line

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form that is set up with a signature at the end of every row. This signature then makes the fields that are filled in to the left become read only so they cannot be edited again. I have only made one page and would like to make more, but I cannot copy and paste pages as the signature refer to specific fields.
Adobe give the solution as making a portfolio, but that does not solve my problem as there is a lot more to control and even more chance of mistakes happening. Is there a way I can somehow copy and past pages to make this easier? Am I going about this in the right way?

Topics

How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Repeating signature creates only one Read Only line

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form that is set up with a signature at the end of every row. This signature then makes the fields that are filled in to the left become read only so they cannot be edited again. I have only made one page and would like to make more, but I cannot copy and paste pages as the signature refer to specific fields.
Adobe give the solution as making a portfolio, but that does not solve my problem as there is a lot more to control and even more chance of mistakes happening. Is there a way I can somehow copy and past pages to make this easier? Am I going about this in the right way?

Topics

How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should re-think this workflow. Each time a file is signed it makes it much heavier, which means it takes much longer to load, and there is more room for error. Is each row being signed by a different person? If not, then there's no need for multiple signatures. Just add one at the end, that applies to the entire file as a whole (that's how they work, any way).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF