• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizable shapes in both Windows AND iOS/Android

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat DC versions for different devices work differently, and I can't find a solution which works for all of them.

I have a form with editable text and tickboxes created in InDesign (2021), which I'm exporting as an Interactive PDF. This works well.

I then need to create an overlay of shapes which the end user can edit. The shapes are a combination of rectangles and squares, with solid or dashed lines. The critical part is that the end user has to be able to edit (resize and / or change aspect ratio, ie change square to rectangle) as well as delete and create new (ideally neat) shapes.

I can't find a way to make this possible for both Windows and iOS/Android Acrobat DC apps (the end user will be using the free versions). This is what I've tried, and what is blocking progress:

• Rectangles created in Windows are fine, but these have no drag handles for resizing in iOS or Android apps.
  • Rectangle tool doesn't appear to be available in iOS or Android versions - have I missed it somewhere?
  • Pencil drawings in Windows can be resized in Windows but ONLY whilst maintaining aspect ratio (ie square cannot be changed to rectangle) - maybe I'm missing a keyboard shortcut, although I have searched at length...
  • Pencil drawings done in iOS or Android versions can be resized in Windows, but the aspect ratio cannot be changed

Anyone got any advice how to make shapes which can be resized (including changing aspect ratio) on all free versions of Acrobat DC? Any help much appreciated, as I'm really struggling with this. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not all comment tools are available in Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines