Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore an HTM file pre-conversion to PDF

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anyone can help here

I had a set of .htm files that I had collated for a DSAR and in order to take a quicker scan back over their contents I used Right click + Combine files in Adobe.

This converted them all into a nice binder for me, which I scanned through and then closed (no save) as I needed to do some redaction next.

However, I now find that the original HTM files no longer exist, nor can I find a store of the binder file that was created anywhere. There was no suggestion the combine process would actually delete the original files / not even create a permanent record of the new binder file.

Any way to revert this or restore the data anywhere? The binder is not shown in my recent Adobe documents and there is nothing in my recycle bin

Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you combine the files don't enable the option "Always delete source files after combining".

Bild1.jpg

You can't restore the binder file because you have not saved the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines