Highlighted

Restore default Preview in Mac

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a trial version of Acrobat DC which I have cancelled. When I try to open a pdf it insists on Acrobat. I want it to go back to Preview

TOPICS
Cancel subscription, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Restore default Preview in Mac

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a trial version of Acrobat DC which I have cancelled. When I try to open a pdf it insists on Acrobat. I want it to go back to Preview

TOPICS
Cancel subscription, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you select a file and then press (Cmd+I) it will show the properties of the file.

About half way down there is "Open with" section, change the drop down to what you want and then click the "Change All" button.

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but Open with seems to be locked on Open with Preview

In spite of this when I click on the file it goes back to Adobe

Thanks for the response if you have any other ideas I’d welcome them!

John

Sent from my IPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Have you looked at the bottom of the Properties dialog to check for a pad locak, you might need to unlock it before you changes are applied to the whole disk, and you should get a confirmation dialog that you want to make the change, Did you get that?

I would be tempted to change it back to Acrobat and change all, restart machine, change to your application of choice and change all .

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've finished with the trial of Acrobat Pro DC, then uninstall it. (DON'T just delete files! You must uninstall it with the Creative Cloud app or uninstall app! Please ask if not sure!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider installing the free Adobe Reader, It is far superior to Preview.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0