Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain alt text when converting from html to PDF

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to convert a bunch of html pages to PDF. All these pages have alt text, but once converted, the alt text does not show in the PDF version. When creating the PDF, I am selecting the "Create PDF tags" box, and the "tags" panel does show up, but all the images with alt text show as "Figure - No alternate text exists". Is there some way to resolve this issue? I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

Thanks in advance for all your help! 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the exact version of your software, browser and operating system you are using?

Also, can you specify which steps you are following to create the pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, and Chrome's Version 84.0.4147.89 

The steps I'm following are: Using the Create button on the main toolbar to create PDF from Web Page. In the Create PDF from Web Page dialog box > Settings > I'm checking the Create PDF tags box. Even so, all images that contain alt text show as "No alternate text exists".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geet

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the Alt text does not show in the PDF

++ Adding to the discussion

A PDF that you create from a web page is only as accessible as the HTML source that it is based on. For example, if the web page relies on tables for its layout design, the HTML code for the table may not flow in the same logical reading order as a tagged PDF would require, even though the HTML code is sufficiently structured to display all the elements correctly in a browser.For more information please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/creating-accessible-pdfs.html#create_a_tagged_pdf_from_a_we...

Also, Adobe Acrobay XI is an old and EOL application. Adobe strongly recommends that you upgrade to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By upgrading installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures. For more informtion please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Hope it will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines