• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverting to an old version of Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half way through a project my DC has just updated automatically, rendering my copy of Imposition Wizard plug in useless. Does anyone know how to revert back to an old version of DC? I can do it in CC for apps like Photoshop etc but there isnt the same option for DC. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

First , disbale automatic update from the Acrobat.

The second thing that I can think of is answered here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

It seems that you can revert to a previous version or rollback but using the Creative Cloud with your user account.

If this method doesn't work this would be my favorite approach:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First , disbale automatic update from the Acrobat.

The second thing that I can think of is answered here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

It seems that you can revert to a previous version or rollback but using the Creative Cloud with your user account.

If this method doesn't work this would be my favorite approach:

• disable to CC Desktop app (for troubleshooting purpose only) download the full offline installer version from here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html
  • This is a standalone setup program of the Acrobat. You don't need to login to the creative cloud service online nor use the Creative Cloud desktop app to install. Some users are able to find this method useful.
  • Uninstall your current version
  • Reinstall the latest version from the link provided above for the full offline installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!!!!! thank youuuuuu heaven sent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem.  I was using Acrobat DC and had a need fror the redacting tool.  Purchased a 1 month subscription to DC Pro.  That has expired but all my pdfs have converted to DC Pro recently.  My account with Adobe only shows the brief DC Pro but not my prior account products.  How do I remove DC Pro entirely and revert to my old DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version is your old Acrobat Pro?

And what operating system are you using with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Adobe pro; Acrobat DC (2015 I think).  Microsoft OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12 is in my product history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12 is DC. I was trying to ask what is the latest update version.

And which Microsoft Windows version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not using Acrobat Pro then are we talking about Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reader.  This is the stand alone versio of Acrobat DC purchased in January 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my apps, it appears the update version 15.006.30504.  Windows 10.  I  am running the repair tool in apps to reinstall the DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you also running an older version of windows and upgraded to windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the system purchased in January 2016 ;came with Win10 and purchased Acrobat DC.  It had been running fine; however, it did not include the redact tool.  Needed the Pro for that so I subscribed for a short period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh ok.

Hey before you go to fast doing system-wide changes in that computer, consider first downloading an action tool and see if you can use it with your version.

There a few free to download action tools here: https://acrobatusers.com/actions-exchange  that you can try for your redaction needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few new similar programs out there now; however, I have no need for the redacting tool now.  All of my pdf files now come up with a different look and say Acrobat DC Pro with the message that my subscription has expired.  This just started a few weeks ago.  Trying to remove all pieces of the Pro and go back to DC.  The repair/reinstall tool seems to be working but running slow.  My apps also list Acrobazty DC 10/24/19 with number 19.021.20049 which might be an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok; thanks for the guidance.  I'm not sure the reinstall worked since it still comes up as DC Pro even thoough the programs only show as Acrobat DC.  I'll follow those tools to see if can achieve my goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most important step here, you should disable or uninstall completely the Creative Desktop App.

Then go here and identify your product and download the appropriate installer:https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html 

Once you are able to successfully clean your system and reinstall the correct older version login with your AdobeID to activate it.

NOTE: I've noticed during the conversation that you keep referring going back to DC.

DC (stands for Document Cloud and is the name that was given to Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC respectively).

You also need to be sure if the prior version belongs to Classic Track or Continuous Track. There are several differences and limitations in the Classic Track to include licensing options:

Se here:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/whatsnewdc.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely I have classic.  You description of the software has me baffled though.  I understand the meaning of DC but I understood that in 2015 there was a free Reader program, a non subscription stand alone version Acrobat DC and a subscription version.  I purchased the software Acrobat DC.  I don't understand Acrobat Reader DC.  In any event my version had nearly all the same tools other than redacting and perhaps a few others.  I do not use the cloud nor creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happened to me when I joined the forums.

People in general keep referring to Acrobat DC when they want to say Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

So for clarity, DC is referred to version 12 of Acrobat (that applies for both the pro version (paid subscription license) and the Reader  (free pdf viewer and handler) version), as well as the classic track of DC which was launched back in 2015.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html 

The help literature is also misleading as you can very often stump on a tutorial that refers to Acrobat DC (for the Pro version) and Reader DC (for the Reader free version).

I also get that same confusion from Apple users who refer to their iOS as a single operating systems that fits in every iPhone, iPad, iMac, MacBook Pro, etc when in fact each device varies in architechture type and so does the OS that supports each device.

And windows users just say windows when they refer to their desktop computers, when in reality there are so many versions of MS Windows in use out there that can fit in different generic clone PCs and branded computers.

As for the Android mobile devices, the same thing, people just say they have an Android device but there are so many versions of AdroidOS.

And lets not even go in the unix and linux world of distributions.

So, in summary, Adobe Acrobat should be understood as the full fledged version that allows users to edit pdf documents with java script, rich media, etc., for example, and it requires a paid subscription license to use; only a 7 day free trial version is available, after the 7 day expiration trial period the user must subscribe and pay for its use. (Monthly or yearly). Its updates are released as part of a conitinuous release track.

Adobe Reader, on the other hand, should be understood as a free pdf viewer and handler, which allows users to Fill&Sign, comment, print and share, is free to download in computers and as a mobile app, and it doesn't requires paid subscription licensing. You may however unlock premium editing features in the mobile version app with a paid subscription of Acrobat Pro.

Last, the correct names to differentiate each product properly should be:

Adobe Acrobat Pro

Adobe Acrobat Reader

For people that work everyday with this products seems to be implied and universally understood that when someone says Acrobat  is referrering to the Pro version, and when they say Reader they actually mean short for Acrobat Reader.

Just remember that DC version was released around the year 2015, back then there was still a lot of more  support available to users who wanted to buy a copy of the software , which included a media installation set,  activation serial number, and a perpetual license with some limitations in ac essible features compared with a paid continuous track subscription license.

To make more sense out of all of this see here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html#AcrobatDCandAcrobatRe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version sucks so much, if it was an olympic sport they'd win gold every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully the idiots are reading.

Bring back every regular toolbar.

What's this custom nonsense?

you mean custom you're screwed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines