Highlighted

reviewer lost comments from emailed PDF after he closed

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a PDF for review to a SME from the Adobe send for review function, using the email with attachment option. He opened it, and the file opened in the wierd browser version. He made comments for a couple of days, kept the tab open, didn't save. And then he accidentally closed the tab. So in the meantime, I have gotten the digest notifications that he had comments, and I can open that PDF, from the email that I sent him, and see all his comments. But he can't access that version anymore...where would that file have gone? Because he needs it to continue commenting on the file. I have been reading the online documentation and user issues to figure this out, hoping someone has a quick answer. Would it be in a temp folder or something? Thanks.   

Adding that in the meanting, I just downloaded the version I had (including all the comments) and sent it to him again. I'm not sure yet if the commenting functionality is enabled. So that might not have been the right way to do it. I have to say, I miss the File | Save as Other | Reader Extended PDF |  Enable for Commenting function, because it was easy for reviewers; they would save the file, make their comments, close and reopen whenever they needed and when they were done, they would send it back to me. This new way feels way more complicated for everyone and adds stress. Am I right in understanding that the only way I can enable a PDF for commenting now (i.e., if I want a reviewer to enter comments) is to use the Send for Review function? And for the reviewer, is the easiest method just to tell him to save the PDF immediately (locally, on the network) and then when he's done, just send back the PDF? I need to make this as easy as possible. Thanks.

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

reviewer lost comments from emailed PDF after he closed

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a PDF for review to a SME from the Adobe send for review function, using the email with attachment option. He opened it, and the file opened in the wierd browser version. He made comments for a couple of days, kept the tab open, didn't save. And then he accidentally closed the tab. So in the meantime, I have gotten the digest notifications that he had comments, and I can open that PDF, from the email that I sent him, and see all his comments. But he can't access that version anymore...where would that file have gone? Because he needs it to continue commenting on the file. I have been reading the online documentation and user issues to figure this out, hoping someone has a quick answer. Would it be in a temp folder or something? Thanks.   

Adding that in the meanting, I just downloaded the version I had (including all the comments) and sent it to him again. I'm not sure yet if the commenting functionality is enabled. So that might not have been the right way to do it. I have to say, I miss the File | Save as Other | Reader Extended PDF |  Enable for Commenting function, because it was easy for reviewers; they would save the file, make their comments, close and reopen whenever they needed and when they were done, they would send it back to me. This new way feels way more complicated for everyone and adds stress. Am I right in understanding that the only way I can enable a PDF for commenting now (i.e., if I want a reviewer to enter comments) is to use the Send for Review function? And for the reviewer, is the easiest method just to tell him to save the PDF immediately (locally, on the network) and then when he's done, just send back the PDF? I need to make this as easy as possible. Thanks.

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
CK_2020 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF