Highlighted

Reviewers say commenting on shared pdfs is very slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "send for comments" in Acrobat to share pdfs for review. When my reviewers access the pdf (shared from adobe cloud), they report that it runs very slowly, sometimes too slowly to use effectively, sometimes they say their comments get dropped and they have to re-do them. One reviewer reported it seems better in Chrome and not at all in IE/edge. I couldn't find any browser restrictions in adobe's help. The reviewers are all tech pros with good setups, good networks, etc. Is there anything I can recommend to make it better? Thanks for any suggestions.

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reviewers say commenting on shared pdfs is very slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "send for comments" in Acrobat to share pdfs for review. When my reviewers access the pdf (shared from adobe cloud), they report that it runs very slowly, sometimes too slowly to use effectively, sometimes they say their comments get dropped and they have to re-do them. One reviewer reported it seems better in Chrome and not at all in IE/edge. I couldn't find any browser restrictions in adobe's help. The reviewers are all tech pros with good setups, good networks, etc. Is there anything I can recommend to make it better? Thanks for any suggestions.

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please ask the reviewers to use Acrobat/Reader instead of browser? Browser should also work well but I want to get this checked in Acrobat/Reader app.

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind--I asked the reviewers to try that. 2 have reported back that clicking Open in Acrobat worked for them, and they were able to comment effectively that way. These 2 users had previously reported such slow brower performance that they were not able to comment. What do you think? thanks!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF