• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate from Portrait to Landscape

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to rotate the page from portrait to landscape however the form fields stay in the portrait orientation. If I rotate them from their properties dialog the writing direction changes but not the field dimensions. 

Is there an easy method to rotate all the fields from a portrait orientation to a landscape?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried rotating a page and the fields were rotated alongside with it just fine...

Original page:

try67_0-1617526081729.png

Rotated page:

try67_1-1617526093633.png

Is this not what you're experiencing? If not, how are you rotating it, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your right that is what occurs.  What I was hoping find is a quick way of selecting ALL the fields on the landscape page and rotate them so they are correctly orientated.  At present, I have to do it on an individual field basis.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean rotate the page but keep all the fields in the original orientation then no, there's no easy way of doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame.  I guess one needs to commit to a landscape or portrait page dimension before designing the form. 

So here is probably a daft question then, can I widen and shorten an A4 portrait page (background?) such that if fits an A4 landscape page thus maintaining the text field orientation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the fields match the user-space coordinates of the page, and those don't change when you rotate it. If you start from a true A4 page in the Portrait orientation, instead of rotating a Landscape page, then it would work fine. You can do that, for example, by re-creating the file with the right page coordinates, and then copying the fields over into it from the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice work around. I created a new PDF from a landscape-page Word file then copy and pasted the fields from the portrait-paged PDF to the new landscape-paged PDF.  Then inserted the landscape-page PDF into the portrait-page PDF.  Worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines