Highlighted

runtime error - win10 and acrobat pro 10

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed acrobat pro 10. When we try to launch a .pdf file, there is a runtime error. However, we can open the same file by launching the .exe. Otherwise, everything works successfully. I have seen the suggestion to repair the runtime instances. That was done. Also, there shouldn't be any permissions issues since .pdf files can be successfully opened, edited and saved through the .exe. The symptom can be reproduced every time from multiple directories and I know of no other runtime errors. Could I get some guidance?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

runtime error - win10 and acrobat pro 10

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed acrobat pro 10. When we try to launch a .pdf file, there is a runtime error. However, we can open the same file by launching the .exe. Otherwise, everything works successfully. I have seen the suggestion to repair the runtime instances. That was done. Also, there shouldn't be any permissions issues since .pdf files can be successfully opened, edited and saved through the .exe. The symptom can be reproduced every time from multiple directories and I know of no other runtime errors. Could I get some guidance?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is an old and unsupported version, and it's not compatible with Windows 10, so problems are to be expected.

You should install all available updates up to 10.1.16, available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/

You should also run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7, but that's about all you can do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0