Highlighted

Save as Adobe PDF was unexpectedly closed (word for mac 365)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to save a word docx as PDF/A 1b, I get the error message "Save as Adobe PDF was unexpectedly closed"

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-31 um 17.58.33.png

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Word für Mac Version 16.39 (Microsoft 365)

macOS Catalania 10.15.5

Topics

Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Save as Adobe PDF was unexpectedly closed (word for mac 365)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to save a word docx as PDF/A 1b, I get the error message "Save as Adobe PDF was unexpectedly closed"

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-31 um 17.58.33.png

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Word für Mac Version 16.39 (Microsoft 365)

macOS Catalania 10.15.5

Topics

Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you recently updated MS Office to 365 from an older version this could be related to a plug-in compatibility issue, and in the worse case scenarion the PDF Maker add-on is not supported in that version of MS Office.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, this might be the reason. Do you have any idea how I can fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on the version of MS Office that you upgraded from. 

Since MS Office 2019 and MS Office 365 for macOS Catalina are fully updated 64bit versions of the product,  I would say that,  if you've installed MS Office 365 side by side with an older version of MS Office (like 2016 or earlier), then that is the conflict. 

From a PC repair point of vew, it is better if you fully uninstall the older version following the recommended step-by-step guidance, reboot your mac, and force  a manual update of both the newer version of that you have (Office 365) and the operating system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks! I will try this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines