Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save Last Layer Config

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I have created a fillable form for my company. I have radio buttons that toggle on and off layers and interactive fields depending on what marketing piece the person wants to request.  If the person selects the "Flyer" radio dial, the form shows the only the layer and fields for Flyer-specific questions.

It works great but for one issue: It does not save the last layer configuration after the form is saved and closed.  It does save the filled-in fields. The form default is to not have any questions showing (forcing the form-filler to select a radio dial).  But after the form is filled out AND saved, I want to the form to open on the layer that was saved. It currently reverts back to it's default blank state.

I am a novice (literally brand new) to the world of Javascript.  Does anyone have a javascript code to fix my issue? Something I can copy and paste? Also, please specify HOW/WHERE to place the script in the document or attach it. I've tried other solutions on this forum, but they didn't work. I don't know if coded the lines correctly.

I have attached the form below.  Thank you in advance for your time!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

You are correct, a form does not save the layer configuration. See if this old question I wrote many years ago is enough informaiton

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Turn-layer-AND-save-layer-state-q164843.aspx 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, a form does not save the layer configuration. See if this old question I wrote many years ago is enough informaiton

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Turn-layer-AND-save-layer-state-q164843.aspx 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Karl!

I was actually trying to apply the answer from that post before posting my question but it wasn't able to achieve the desired result.  After re-reading it, I tried again and it worked.  Thank you for your help and your post from 2017!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines