• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saved PDF form opens blank

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS Sierra, having an issue with filling a PDF form, then opening it blank. If I click into a given cell that had values saved to it, that saved value actually displays, but the rest of the page remains blank until I click into the next cell. The form also prints with each cell blank. Anybody else having this issue? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Lots of people have had that issue over the years. It's most often happens when Preview is used to fill-in and save the form. Preview has really bad support for PDF forms and corrupts PDFs in a number of ways when it saves them. It's reasonable to say that Preview should never be used to work with PDF forms.

What you can do is open the corrupted form in Acrobat, export the form data to an FDF, and open the original blank and uncorrupted form and import the data form the FDF. The exact steps depen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people have had that issue over the years. It's most often happens when Preview is used to fill-in and save the form. Preview has really bad support for PDF forms and corrupts PDFs in a number of ways when it saves them. It's reasonable to say that Preview should never be used to work with PDF forms.

What you can do is open the corrupted form in Acrobat, export the form data to an FDF, and open the original blank and uncorrupted form and import the data form the FDF. The exact steps depend on which version of Acrobat you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense, was able to open back up in Preview (indeed edited there) and everything showed. I'll avoid this by pointing the helper application for any PDF to Distiller. Big thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set Acrobat or Reader to be the default PDF viewer, as opposed to Distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines