• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved signature in Creation and Appearance Preferences does not show when clicking Sign Yourself

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved a signature in Acrobat DC through Signature, More, Configure Signature Appearnce.  The saved signature shows in the Appearances box, but when I try to insert it into a document using Sign Yourself, my only options are to Add a Signature or Initials.  If I choose Add Signature, I then have to find the initial file - it is not the saved signature.  How do i insert the saved signature in a document?  Is there a different way than through Sign Yourself?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Certificates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, after testing this, this doesn't work for the function I am needing it for. I have approvers that need to put their signature block into a document, then add text boxes to that block to add in specific information unique to each document they are signing. This works through the Fill and Sign, but not certificates.  How can I get the saved signature as an option when I click fill and sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

You must use Tools > Certificates > Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello User,

In order to use the appearance created from Preferences->Signatures->Creation and appearance preferences, you have to use the Tools->Certificates.
Once you draw a signature field, you need to select a digital id to Sign the document. Once you configure a new digital id or select already existing one, click on next and it will land you to the space where you can select the appearance that you created from preference.
Select you rdesired preference and click on sign to sign the document.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines