Saved the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC the document could not be saved the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder. I work on a Mac and have uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat. PLEASE I need urgent help

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening it in Preview and saving it from there. 

Preview can sometimes do dagae to the document (so I've read), but if Acroat can't open it and you're at a loss, it's worth a shot. Preview has rescued pleanty of documents for me when Acrobat refused to open them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. Every PDF is now Read Only and cannot be saved. The setting for View documents in PDF/A is set to Never. Uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat. It is the absolute latest version. Nothing works. What is the fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines