Highlighted

Saving a Illustrator file as a PDF. PDF isn't showing all layers

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm working on a client file, everything is embedded nothing too crazy on this art file. When saving it as a PDF, some files are missing when viewing the PDF. I tried saving the PDF on Acrobat 4 (PDF 1.3) like some have said that worked for them. However, even though it does show the missing layers but it changes the layers into white. I have the lastest Illustrator version (24.3) and lastest Acrobat (Acrobat 8 (PDF 1.7). They're just not communicating correctly with each other. Please help. I can't really show examples since this is a clients work. I can show tiny parts that hopefully shows what I'm talking about. The stripes are the same color but one is transparent to give that "striped" effect.

The first image is a screen shot of what I'm seeing in Illustrator. The second is the PDF screen shot. The third is PDF but saved to Acrobat 4 (PDF 1.3).

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.02.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.03.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.04.33 PM.png

Please help fix this issue. Or let me know what I'm missing. 

  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving a Illustrator file as a PDF. PDF isn't showing all layers

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm working on a client file, everything is embedded nothing too crazy on this art file. When saving it as a PDF, some files are missing when viewing the PDF. I tried saving the PDF on Acrobat 4 (PDF 1.3) like some have said that worked for them. However, even though it does show the missing layers but it changes the layers into white. I have the lastest Illustrator version (24.3) and lastest Acrobat (Acrobat 8 (PDF 1.7). They're just not communicating correctly with each other. Please help. I can't really show examples since this is a clients work. I can show tiny parts that hopefully shows what I'm talking about. The stripes are the same color but one is transparent to give that "striped" effect.

The first image is a screen shot of what I'm seeing in Illustrator. The second is the PDF screen shot. The third is PDF but saved to Acrobat 4 (PDF 1.3).

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.02.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.03.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 12.04.33 PM.png

Please help fix this issue. Or let me know what I'm missing. 

  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is more than 10 years old - it isn't the latest. Is that what you are using to view (it isn't involved in saving?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, I looked at the wrong version, I was trying different versions to see if the older ones would work. I have version 20.0. Still not working. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0