Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving As not suggesting existing file names anymore on Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

A client of mine is having an issue with Acrobat DC 20.012.20048 where she clicks to Save As and chooses a location, the "Save As" window that comes up is not suggesting file names under the File Name field.

For example, if she has an existing file called Joe Bloggs - Report 2020, normally she would save as and start typing Joe B and the field would suggest "Joe Bloggs - Report 2020" as its an existing file, she then adds a .1 or .2 or whatever the newer version of that document is but this is not happening anymore.

I have noticed that the "Save As" window looks a bit different than doing the same thing but using Acrobat Reader DC. It works fine on Acrobat Reader DC, just not on Acrobat DC. I've tried on Word and it works fine too. Looks like Acrobat DC has its own "Save As" window instead of the built in from Windows 10?

I've ran a repair and checked for updates but the issue still persists.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening on a Microsoft Windows system, I think that what you're referring to is how Adobe Acrobat Pro DC integrates with the Windows Explorer shell.

I've seen some very glitchy things before between Acrobat Pro and Windows Explorer before. But in this case, maybe you can try and disable Protected View at Startup in the Preferences (tgat is just a guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just came accross this old thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/quot-save-as-quot-box-is-blank/m-p/11493939?page=1#M71...

After I re-read the discussion in the link above, I was wondering if the solution offered by Akki_24 could improve anything  with your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines