Highlighted

Saving checked Comments in Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my firm we have the following problem: We would like to check the comments in Acrobat so everybody else in the firm can see whether the comment has been read or not. The problem is that when I check comments an save it and a different client opens the document, the checkmarks have not been saved. Is there a special option I need to change in the settings that I can save the checkmarks and other clients can see them or is it simply not possible to do this in Acrobat?

Thanks in advance,

Nils

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Document Geek | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Nils,

Sadly, checkmarks are user-specific. So I can see if I have checked something off, but you cannot see if I have checked something off. If you want to have the capability to see what have been completed, and what has not, you'll need to use the "Set Status" function. Then you'll need to sort by status.

For what it's worth, I agree that the checkmark function is a much simpler solution, if there was a way to have checkmarks not be user--specific. Sorry.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving checked Comments in Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my firm we have the following problem: We would like to check the comments in Acrobat so everybody else in the firm can see whether the comment has been read or not. The problem is that when I check comments an save it and a different client opens the document, the checkmarks have not been saved. Is there a special option I need to change in the settings that I can save the checkmarks and other clients can see them or is it simply not possible to do this in Acrobat?

Thanks in advance,

Nils

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Document Geek | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Nils,

Sadly, checkmarks are user-specific. So I can see if I have checked something off, but you cannot see if I have checked something off. If you want to have the capability to see what have been completed, and what has not, you'll need to use the "Set Status" function. Then you'll need to sort by status.

For what it's worth, I agree that the checkmark function is a much simpler solution, if there was a way to have checkmarks not be user--specific. Sorry.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 13, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nils,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you this just solved my post from today !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0