• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving PDF in Acrobat Removes Mac Finder Tags

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a PDF in Acrobat after making some sort of change to the document (e.g., highlighting text, adding comment bubble, etc), the document saves and removes all of the tags that were attached to the document in Mac's Finder. This is extremely problematic for me, since I rely on having certain documents tagged and I can't remember to retag every document after every single time I save the document. This is causing such a problem for me that I may need to discontinue use of Adobe Acrobat if I can't find a solution.

To be clear, this does not occur with other types of documents, such as Microsoft Word. Also, this problem does not occur when opening PDFs with Preview. So I know the problem is specific to Adobe Acrobat. People were having this problem with Microsoft Office products in the past, but Microsoft seems to have fixed the problem in recent updates:

For context, here are some more threads of people having the same or a similar problem:

I'm currently running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4, but this problem also plagued me with previous OS versions as well. This issue has been raised once before in the Adobe Forums, but the question was never fully addressed or resolved (acrobat reader dc removes finder tags on save ).

If anyone has any ideas how I can solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend using Bridge instead of Mac Finder for tagging. Bridge uses XMP metadata, and is industry standard. Bridge is also free. This article discusses using Bridge to keyword photos, but it works exactly the same to keyword PDFs and pretty much any other filetype. The keywords get appended to the file and will go with it. They also don't get overwritten when you save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited Response

Hi BradyW,

I understand the situation, as you are getting the issue as Acrobat after saving the file removes the mac finder tags.

• Could you please share the Product name and the version? Is it Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat DC? You may follow the link-Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
  • Is it occurring with one file or with all the files that you are trying to save?
  • Are you on a home network or work domain?
  • Are you saving it on your computer hard disk, on cloud storage or on share point?

In the meantime you can try to :

I hope this will help, keep us updated with the result.

Regards,
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

I have a huge number of tagged documents and a workflow that uses Finder to organise these. I don't want to shift to Bridge.

This problem happened when I upgraded from Acrobat Build: 15.9.20069.159242 to Build: 20.12.20043.396433

I'm using Mac OS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines