• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saving word document as a pdf results in document being unreadable

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am composing a word document in word.  I was saving them by going SAVE AS and using the same file name but changing the file type to PDF. .pdf.   this worked fine.  then i noticed the new version of word i have has an option;  FILE, SAVE AS ADOBE PDF.  if i use this, the document is weird.  Text is enourmous and you can only see the top quarter of the document or the text is all piled on top of each other to fit on the page.  HELP>  i send my invoices as a word document in the body of the email and then attach the same document as a pdf so i need this feature.  

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As the Word file does not convert properly to PDF using the Save as Adobe PDF option, please share few details as asked below so we can further investigate this issue:

1. Does this issue occurs with a particular file or with any file you try to convert to PDF?

2. Would it be possible to share the Word file with us? We would like to replicate the behavior at our end.

3. What is the Acrobat version you are using on the machine?

3. Share the OS version on the machine.

In the meantime, try creating a PDF from Acrobat online account. Open this link https://documentcloud.adobe.com/ and sign in with your Adobe ID. Then go to Convert > Word to PDF and upload the file to convert it to PDF.

Check if that converts the file without any issues.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've noticed this little quirk every now and then, too.

Before you "Save As" and saved the file as a PDF, did you first save it as a Word .docx file?

Background: when you save (or export or save as) a PDF, the utility is converting the original Word .DOCX document to another file format, in your case a PDF. It's like translating from one file format to another.

Saving your edits and revisions first as a Word .DOCX file (File / Save) helps complete the file for Word, before it's then converted to a PDF (File / Save As / PDF or File / Save As Adobe PDF).

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes I definitely save them as word files first.Anita Matheson 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines