• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Scan & OCR > Enhance > Scanned Document > Deskew' doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to deskew in Adobe Acrobat XI whenever I OCR'ed a document. The deskewing worked so well: every page would be rotated a tiny amount and usually the improvement was noticeable. In Adobe Acrobat DC (on macOS 10.15.7), the "Recognize Text" function no longer performs deskewing. So I OCR and deskew using the "Enhance" function under Scan & OCR. Although the Deskew feature is turned on in Filters under Settings, when I run Enhance, it doesn't actually deskew. (And worse, unless I change the default image quality to High Quality, the image is degraded.) I thought maybe my documents were all 100% aligned. But then I ran into a document that clearly needed deskewing and nothing happened when I deskewed.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I feel that from one version to the next, Adobe has managed to make routine tasks less convenient to perform.

Neil

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: This is Adobe Pro DC not Adobe Acrobar DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I called the Adobe support line (and that in itself was an ordeal, evidently they were understaffed) we finally figured out that on MacOS, some Adobe functionality (including de-skewing) depends on access to some information stored in the keychain. I had been getting a pop-up dialog asking me to let Adobe access my keychain and I had declined. As a result, Adobe wasn't running with full functionality. 

Once I gave it access, deskewing started to work. My suggestion to Adobe is that if important functionality depends on access to information in the keychain, Adobe should make an effort to ensure the user understands that. Simply popping up a dialog asking for access and then quietly turning off application functionality when access is not granted, that's just bad user interface.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines