Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanned Documents showing as grey no content pictures

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody! 

I am not using forums very often so excuse the problem explanation if I am not correct, 

Suddenly one client of mine in Enterprise is having issues with Adobe Standard DC [paid enterprise license]

The issue is that there are scanned PDF documents sent via mail from several users and several printers and only one is having issues with the PDF opening, 

If this PDF is opened via Adobe standard DC program [default one] it only showing or presenting as grayed out file without any content, just empty  no error, 

If I try to open the same file via Adobe Reader it is working fine, but we need to edit this scan as well so the workaround is not accepted.

I have tried to repair the program from the control panel, and install patch 21.001.201xx Optional update , Apr 16 , 2021 , 

no fix 

Please note that I am unable to sent a PDF file due to privacy policy hence I hope that anyone here had the same problem and will be able to advise what to do next 

attached the print screen from Adobe 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Page Display and tick "Show large images".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. 
It would be very hard to tell why this is happening? My initial guess is, the affected file may not have been created using an Adobe application. 

If possible, please share the file with us. We will take a look and share our findings. You can upload the file to a cloud drive and then share the link with me via Private message. To access the private message option, click on my profile Avatar and on my profile you should see the option "Send Message". 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit (or the Acrobat menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Page Display and tick "Show large images".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep worked like a charm, for other files as well, Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines