• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanned file was upside down

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I scanned several documents when I opened the file it was upside down. I know you can go to view to rotate it rightside up. However is there a way when I rotate it right side up that I can save it that way so every time I open it would be right side up? Or is the other option to re-scan

[title cut back ussnorway]

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

See scanners guidelines first if you are adding papers in the right direction, as all scanners have different input requirement.

While scanning if you check "Recognize Text(OCR) " option, it will rotate images to right direction.

Otherwise, you can do it from "Organize pages" app or "Page thumbnail" option in left side panel. Select all pages which you need to rotate and click clockwise or anti-clockwise option.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Adobe Acrobat? If not, what software?

‘’Let us know and we’ll move this post from the non-technical Lounge forum, to a product specific forum.

If you’re indeed using Acrobat, what version? In Acrobat, rotating the view is different from rotating the actual page. In Acrobat DC, you can go to the “Organize Pages” tool, the rotate the thumbnail, and save the file to preserve the page rotation.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC. But I had to subscribe to it for 15 dollars per month, and I don't want to. Thanks, anyway! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the forum Lounge (not for technical support) and over to the Creating PDFs forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rotate the individual pages with Acrobat.

You can also cancel your subscription at anytime. It is also possible to purchase a one time payment version, but you will not have all the services provided with a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See scanners guidelines first if you are adding papers in the right direction, as all scanners have different input requirement.

While scanning if you check "Recognize Text(OCR) " option, it will rotate images to right direction.

Otherwise, you can do it from "Organize pages" app or "Page thumbnail" option in left side panel. Select all pages which you need to rotate and click clockwise or anti-clockwise option.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. After rotating all pages right side up, saving, closing and opening again, pages still open upside down.  Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rotate them using the Rotate Pages command under Organize Pages, or via the View menu (or by right-clicking the page)?

Only the former actually changes the file. The other options just change its view, and therefore doesn't save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try67--that is THE ANSWER!! To everyone else who's had an issue with this--the ONLY way to fix this problem permanently, ie...ensuring when you open the document it is right-side-up....is to go to View--Tools--Organize Pages--open that editing feature up, and rotate the view using the circular arrow button until it's right-side-up....click Save...and done.

Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines