Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanned PDF contents not searchable by Windows Explorer Search Tool

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I scanned a set of paper documents with Adobe Acrobat DC.
During the acquisition phase I enabled the “Recognize text (OCR)” option and also the “Add Metadata” option.
After saving the scanned PDF, if I search a word with the Acrobat search tool, I find it and everything works fine.

Instead, If I search a certain word in the directory where all my scanned PDFs are, using the Microsoft Explorer search tool, it does not find anything.

If I use the same Explorer Find tool on other PDFs, not scanned and OCR processed, but electronically generated, it finds al the words in the documents and the search output is a list of PDFs files that contain the searched word(s).

Why a scanned PDF is not searchable by the Explorer tool?

I also tried to use, after the scanning, the “Recognize Text” tool with all the 3 options (Searchable Image, Searchable Image Text, Editable Text and Image) but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance  for your help

TOPICS
How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As far as I remember the OCR text is not added as 'real text' like in a pdf you have created from a text document. Maybe you need to adjust the Indexing properties in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines