• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanner Not Found

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have read previous posts and help documents on this topic. Nothing has worked. 

Adobe is not recognizing my scanner - Brother MFC-J5830DW. Other programs recognize it and scan just fine. Printing always works fine.  I have tried (in many cases multiple times): 

1. Reinstalling the software for the printer/scanner (4-5times now).

2. Deleting all previous twain files and then reinstalling the printer/scanner software (2-3 times now). 

3. Running the repair installation repair tool for Adobe (4-5 times now)

4. Disabling everything for start-up, restarting, re-enabling and re-starting up.

5.Making sure the scanner is showing up in devices (it is)

6. Upgrading Adobe 

My company does not have any actual tech support and I'm frustrated that I cannot directly contact support on this issue. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the issue with your scanner is not recognized and you have tried troubleshooting the issue without any success.

As you have already tried to remove and reinstall the printer/scanner driver and firmware quite a few time, please make sure that you have the latest version of the driver installed. If not, please remove the the scanner driver and download the latest version of the scanner driver from the manufacturers website and reboot the computer once after installing the updated driver and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using it there and see if that helps.

For more information, please refer to the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html and see if that works

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the most updated version of drivers from Brother's site. I have done everything in that "help" page that you linked to.  Do you have any pages about how I would "create a new test user profile with full admin rights." ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

For Windows, please check the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

For Mac, please check the steps suggested here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines