• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning a pdf using Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to scan using Acrobat so I can get the OCR scan. Here's the issue I need to use the feeder as I have hundreds of documents to scan. Unfortunately some of my documents have important text that goes right up to the very edge of the page. It is being cut off all the way around as if acrobat is putting a tiny white border all the way around my document. This happens no matter what size paper is being scanned either 8.5" by 11" or smaller. Doesn't matter. Only when using the feeder. I'm using windows 10 and a brand new Fujitsu fi-7260 scanner. I spent an hour with support from Fujitsu and when we use  just the scanner driver we don't have an issue. However I lose the OCR which is the whole point of why I'm scanning using Acrobat. I just spent an hour with tech support from Adobe but he was just trying things out trial and error. I finally had to leave  the call without resolution of my issue. Anyone else out there possibly know what this issue/setting might be? I would be very grateful. Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randi,

Good news, you have everything you need. Here's what you do:

#1) do not try to scan from Acrobat for the reasons you've mentioned.

#2) do scan from the FujiScan and collect all of the images into a folder you create on your desktop (or the best location of your choice). Save the image files as TIF files (do not be overwhelmbed by the size of each file, that will go away after you convert into PDFs and convert via OCR).

#3) Once that batch has finished, take Acrobat, Go into the Tools, and along the top row, select "Combine Files." The rest of this process is pretty self-obvious. When you click to Combine, it will also OCR the files.

My one warning is that Acrobat will pretty much take overy your computer so if you try to do something innocuous like read email. After each page is process you will be interupted as Acrobat says (to the effect) "ok folks, I'm done with that page!!" 

Let me know if you have any issues.

BTW, do scan at a higher resolution for better quality OCR. 300 ppi minimum, 600 ppi optimum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that sounds like a nice work around and I'm definitely going to give it a try although I still don't understand why mine isn't working since my coworker has the exact same set up and has no issue so I'm thinking it must be a setting.  I do scan at 600. Thanks so much for your advice1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

randik56567952

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sorry for shortening your name. My advise is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha I didn't even look at my name it's my first time ever requesting help on any Adobe product. I clearly don't know how to use forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what happened there. not sure what that was about but again I'm new at forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.

Here's more information on getting good scans in preparation for OCR:

http://photosbycoyne.com/Gary's_Help/Scanning/clean-scanning.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines