• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning Duplex not working

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to only want to scan one side even thou "both sides" is indicated.

I'm able to scan duplex just fine in other programs, so was thinking about uninstalling Acrobat, and re-install.

Fujitsu fi-5220c (tried both twain and WIA)

Acrobat DC 17.009.20044 (no updates available)

Windows 7 (64 bit)

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi regp4rk, 

If you are still able to reproduce the issue after reinstalling Acrobat while you are using the latest version of Acrobat and latest scanner drivers. I would suggest reporting this issue Acrobat for Windows and Mac: New (453 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

If you already have found a solution to this issue, please update this thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to resort to other software to get duplex scanning to work again, couldn't get it to cooperate with Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response:

Since the issue is still reproducible, please help us with the following information.

1. Operating system name and version.

2. Acrobat version installed. To check launch Acrobat> Adobe Adobe Acrobat.

3 Driver version for the scanner and is it WIA or Twain driver?

4. Make and model of the scanner.

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off chat today (2/01/2021) and have a case number[redacted] for rhw same issue with my brand new firmware-updated HP 6978.  I can duplex scan with other software like HP Smart, but not with Acrobat.

1. Windows 10 with current updates

2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v 2020.013.20074.

3. WIA-HP7A975B

4. HP 6978 Officejet Pro

Reply with any other questions on this.

P.S., For what it's worth, the only reason I am relying on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC -- paying a monthly subscription -- is because native HP scanning creates files that are too large.  My simple test case of one page front and back at 300 dpi was 904 KB.  I use Acrobat to save with reduced file size, which scrunched this 904 KB file down to 96 KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for your support.  The problem is fixed.

When I purchased a new laptop and installed the HP printer, scanning new documents using Adobe Acrobat "File / Create / ODF from Scanner" stopped working like it used to with the old laptop.  It would pop up a WIA interface that defaulted to flat bed legal size scanning.  I could change the settings to scan from the automated feeder and legal size, but it would not remember the setting change and would only feed one sheet at a time.

I did get through to HP support on a phone call thanks to a private reply giving me a phone number.  Although out of warranty, I persuaded them to take the case as a driver error and not an out of warranty printer hardware error.  That support tech did a lot of driver magic too quickly for me to follow, but it resulted in removing the WIA interface and installed three different WIA ones including "HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 TWAIN"  which works.  Kudos to him, and to everyone that tried as well.

wkrasl_0-1683734629496.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines