Scanning Duplex not working

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to only want to scan one side even thou "both sides" is indicated.

I'm able to scan duplex just fine in other programs, so was thinking about uninstalling Acrobat, and re-install.

Fujitsu fi-5220c (tried both twain and WIA)

Acrobat DC 17.009.20044 (no updates available)

Windows 7 (64 bit)

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi regp4rk, 

If you are still able to reproduce the issue after reinstalling Acrobat while you are using the latest version of Acrobat and latest scanner drivers. I would suggest reporting this issue Acrobat for Windows and Mac: New (453 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

If you already have found a solution to this issue, please update this thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to resort to other software to get duplex scanning to work again, couldn't get it to cooperate with Acrobat DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response:

Since the issue is still reproducible, please help us with the following information.

1. Operating system name and version.

2. Acrobat version installed. To check launch Acrobat> Adobe Adobe Acrobat.

3 Driver version for the scanner and is it WIA or Twain driver?

4. Make and model of the scanner.

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just got off chat today (2/01/2021) and have a case number[redacted] for rhw same issue with my brand new firmware-updated HP 6978.  I can duplex scan with other software like HP Smart, but not with Acrobat.

1. Windows 10 with current updates

2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v 2020.013.20074.

3. WIA-HP7A975B

4. HP 6978 Officejet Pro

Reply with any other questions on this.

P.S., For what it's worth, the only reason I am relying on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC -- paying a monthly subscription -- is because native HP scanning creates files that are too large.  My simple test case of one page front and back at 300 dpi was 904 KB.  I use Acrobat to save with reduced file size, which scrunched this 904 KB file down to 96 KB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines