Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning Issues After Latest Update

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am experiencing a scanning issue after the latest update to Acrobat Pro. When I attempt to attach a scan to a pdf, it get stuck at processing scan and never gets past that. It also only shows that I scanned in 1 file while I scanned in 3. I was not experiencing this until I updated Acrobat to the latest update. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reachin out.

As you have mentioned, application shows only one scan when you have scanned 3 files. Is that correct?

If yes, would you mind sharing details as asked below so we can further investigate the issue?

- What is the current version of the Acrobat? Check version number using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

- Are you using the Windows machine or Mac? What is the OS version?

- What is the make and model of the Scanner used? 

- Share details about the firmware and drivers.

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
it came with the latest update (see below)
I#ve tested also with other applications. Work like a charm. It's definetly a problem in Acrobat DC 2020.009.20063

vor 8 Stunden

I have Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows 10.  Until today, I could run documents through my automatic document feed and it would scan the entire document to a pdf with no problem.  All of the sudden, when I run a document through the ADF, it scans only the first page and gets stuck on "Optimizing."   I installed the latest driver for my printer/scanner and reset my preferences.  

I followed up with Adobe Tech support.   It appears there is a bug in their latest patch, so they uninstalled and installed the previous version (20.006.20042.43423).   Everything is back to normal.

vor 4 Stunden

Same for me (Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows 10). Since having installed the latest patch yesterday, ADF Scan works (all sides pass the scan) but only the first page ist displayed in Acobat DC. Before everything worked as expected. How to roll back to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am wondering how to roll back to the previous version as well. I was pretty sure it was caused by the patch from yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Running Adobe DC on Windows 10. The optimization stops after the first page, and nothing happens. If I try to cancel, I get an error message that the scan is still in process, which is not the case. The only way to get out of it is to use the Task Manager and end the Adobe process. I tried using the "repair installation" feature, then restarted the computer, but that didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, running into the same issues as you just described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Can you please share the below details : 

1 - Workflow you did and the settings you applied before running into Scan.

2 - Scanner and driver name also.

As a workaround, can you please try with unchecking Optimize Image checkbox from My custom settings.

Thanks,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was scanning a two page document. Settings were the 'default' for color documents. The scanner is an Epson WF-3520. I don't know what driver version, but the Epson software indicates it's the current version. Per your suggestion, I tried to scan without 'optimization' selected. Nevertheless, it still locks up with a dialog box "Processing 1 of 1, Optimizing...". I also tried scanning the documents in grayscale; no change. I also discovered that trying to cancel a scan job after the first page doesn't bring up that dialog box, but still freezes the software, so you have to quit via the Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samsung ProXpress SL-C2670 (taken over by HP)

Firmware V4.00.01.45

Print Driver V3.13.12.05:15

other post showed Dell printer - very likely nothing to do with manufacturer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

This issue has been escalated to the concerned team.

Thanks,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempted to do the work around you suggested, but it is still having the same issues as before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Having to scan one page at a time I have a Canon MX920. It only happened after the update. How can you roll back! Working from home and this is becoming time-consuming and frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues as everyone else. I use this for work and am now at a stand still in my work process. i can scan one or two pages to start, then try to add another one or two pages to scan and it freezes and says "Processing 1 of 1" even though i scanned two sheets. This is rediculous. Everything worked just fine two days ago. Using a Fujitsu fi-6130z scanner. I can cancel the processing but when you try to close or do anything else with the application it says "operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress." What can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to either patch this issue or give us a way to roll back to the previous version, because this version is not allowing a lot of us to be able to scan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and cannot scan.  Windows 10 and an HP M1217nfw.  The scan just never starts.  I scanned a document earlier today, before the upgrade, and now it's just useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Scanning a 30 page document with via document feeder on Brother MFC 8480DN.  All pages are scanned but only page 1 shows up in Acrobat.  The dialog "Processing 1 of 1...  /  Optimizing..." shows and is stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Epson DS-510 and DS-530 Scanners, Windows 10 version 1909 with May 2020 Cumulative update installed.  Adobe after updating gets stuck on "Optimizing" for page 1 of a multi-page scan.  It's affecting 5 different users in my office as of this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get this addressed by an Adobe Employee?  It is NOT an issue with our scanners, it's with Acrobat that is causing this issue and we NEED this addressed as soon as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Hopefully they pull the update that broke this soon and roll everyone back automatically. I've seen some of the other threads on this bug today and a staff member had a person going into their windows registry to change registry keys. Not good practice to say the least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix for me at least:

"

• Launch Acrobat.
  • Go to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced).
  • Check >"Enable Protected mode at start-up(Preview)". Click Ok.
  • Close Acrobat and re-launch it. Try your scanning process again. 

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method doesn't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. The "Correct Answer" allows it to not get stuck, but it completes with only the first scanned page as the document. My scanner is working fine using other software, even when using the document feeder to make multipage PDFs. This is new as of the last update. This is really problematic for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for my users for more than one scan. The one page scan behavior starts up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, have the same issue.  Started right after latest update from Creative Cloud.  Please fix as soon as possible.  Can't scan more than one page through feeder.  All pages go through the feeder, but only one page gets scanned to Acrobat DC (latest version).  Dialogue window just says "processing 1 of . . ." and goes on forever.  Have to force quit to get out.  All other scanner programs work fine, such as Windows Fax and Scan program.  So it is problem with update.  Please fix or tell us how to roll back.

PS the fix listed above does not fix problem.  Just allows us to feed one page at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines