• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scanning multiple documents and rename them according to specific place in the documents

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope I can explain my question right.

I need to scan nearlt 1000 invoices.

Is there an option, which could rename each file different according to a specific place in each file, that we could mark in the files before the scanning?

I mean, each file has different invoice numbers written in the documents on the upper right side. 

Can Adobe read these invoice numbers and rename the scanned files according to these numbers?

Thank you for your answers in advance

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This consists of two parts: First, you have to run Text Recognition on those files. If the results are good then you could use a custom-made script to read the text from a specific area on the page and use it to save the file. However, it can't rename it, only save a copy under the new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response, but unfortunately I'm not so experienced in writing scripts.

If you would add such an option to the future Acrobat versions, you would save for many people hours of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't decide what goes into Acrobat... However, I can develop such a script for you, for a fee.

You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further. I've created similar tools for many of my clients in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use following workflow:

• scan all documents in one PDF file
  • run OCR on the file
  • select the invoice number and create a bookmark
  • split the PDF file by bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried your solution. That could split the files in the right way, but didn't rename the files according to the bookmarks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the bookmarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added the bookmarks, 5 minutes before I've seen an option to tick, so that the files should be renamed according to bookmarks. Thank you very much, that saved a lot of work and time for me. But still I've to bookmark all of the pages, that would be easier if I could bookmark the first page and then it'll automatically mark the place of the bookmark and rename all the files. But still, thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be possible with a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines