Highlighted

Scanning with IAC in Adobe Pro DC

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a custom automation piece written for a client using IAC in Acrobat 9 Standard. This piece opens Adobe, starts the custom scan dialog via MenuItemExecute("Scan") and then captures the filename that the document was saved to. This works fine. However the client wants to upgrade to a newer version of Adobe and so we are looking to replicate this functionality in Adobe Pro DC.

I can start Adobe like before, but am unable to begin the scanning process. The "Scan" menu item seems to no longer be relevant, and what seems to be the current option, "PaperToPDFApp" seems to do nothing. I'm sure it has something to do with how Adobe DC organizes everything into "tools" now, but I'm unable to find references or examples on how to invoke these anywhere or what the code flow should look like now.

Any guidance or samples would be appreciated.

Topics

How to, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scanning with IAC in Adobe Pro DC

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a custom automation piece written for a client using IAC in Acrobat 9 Standard. This piece opens Adobe, starts the custom scan dialog via MenuItemExecute("Scan") and then captures the filename that the document was saved to. This works fine. However the client wants to upgrade to a newer version of Adobe and so we are looking to replicate this functionality in Adobe Pro DC.

I can start Adobe like before, but am unable to begin the scanning process. The "Scan" menu item seems to no longer be relevant, and what seems to be the current option, "PaperToPDFApp" seems to do nothing. I'm sure it has something to do with how Adobe DC organizes everything into "tools" now, but I'm unable to find references or examples on how to invoke these anywhere or what the code flow should look like now.

Any guidance or samples would be appreciated.

Topics

How to, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?