• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Flickering in Windows 10 from Acrobat thumbnail view

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cause of my Screen Flickering in Windows 10 from Acrobat reader thumbnail view.

When I would disablee the thumbnail preview in window explorer.

I am using Asus Zenbook

I hope tha Adobe fix this problem, because I want to turn on my thumbnail view.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth ensuring that your Asus has all the latest video driver updates applied.  It seems to me that this wouldn't be a problem with the Adobe software, but that's just an educated guess.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diego is correct.  I have had the same problem.  Updated all drivers.  Reinstalled Windows 10.  Ran various diagnostics.  Finally figured that flashing desktop was, for whatever reason, caused by having the "thumbnail icons" in Acrobat DC turned on.  Did a clean install of all Adobe products on my PC and still had the same problem.  Only fix was to leave the thumbnails turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep!  I've wasted hours on this, bought a new laptop thinking it was a hardware fault, lost some stuff on a harddrive indirectly whilst trying to resolve the issue.  Only after experiencing it for about the fifth time and getting very fed up with it ... oh, and having an argument with ESET about them not detecting a virus! ... do I now realise its a bug in Acrobat that is to do with the Thumbnail Previews in Windows Explorer.  Very annoying as thumbnails would be so useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines