• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to add blank pages before last to increase pages to multiples of 4 for booklet printing

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need an automate for a large numbers of pdfs,  I need to print booklets so the final pdfs must always be in page multiples of 4 but I need the last page of the original pdf to stay as the last page with blank pages inserted before the last page. (first page of pdf is front cover. last page of pdf is back cover)

EG:  3page pdf  becomes a 4 page   a 5 page pdf becomes an 8 page or a 31 page pdf  becomes a 32 page

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

You can't use Acrobat as a background process, and Acrobat 8 is very old and not supported by Adobe.

However, you can achieve it by running this code from an Action (or Batch Process, as it was formerly called):

while (this.numPages%4!=0) this.newPage(this.numPages-1, 595, 842);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the size of the pages to insert matter? Which version of Acrobat do you have?

Edit: fixed a typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC installed on our Design Mac in necessary but I would prefer to be running this in the background automated on a PC running Acrobat 8.

The documents are A4 portrait, however the pdfs would then be dropped into a hot folder on a RIP which would impose the pages for output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use Acrobat as a background process, and Acrobat 8 is very old and not supported by Adobe.

However, you can achieve it by running this code from an Action (or Batch Process, as it was formerly called):

while (this.numPages%4!=0) this.newPage(this.numPages-1, 595, 842);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic, this works perfectly. 

Can you recommend any resources where I can learn more about this scripting/code  starting from being  a complete beginner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines