• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to intercept adding a digital signature to a PDEF form

Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add a script to intercept or prevent the 'Sign with a digital ID' window' from being displayed in attempting to use an app alert to convey a message to the user that adding a digital signature renders the form read-only thereby giving the user the ability to back out at that point as opposed to having the digital ID window display even though the user is able to still cancel using the choices provided. (redundant at best). While I can easily enough implement an app.alert on the mouse down event to initially appear upon clicking on the signature field, I have as yet been able to figure out a way to intercept and prevent the accompanying digital ID window from displaying thereafter. It would be nice if I could use a 'break' based on an app.alert response of 'no' or 'cancel' but as we all know, this isn't a viable option Thank you ahead of time.

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the user triggers signing by clicking in a signature form field, you can make the field invisible or read-only. Then you could have a different button Sign Now which makes the field visible or not-readonly after a warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Your answer gave me another idea where I can add a menu item 'Add Signature' to a Javascript driven menu already provided on my form that employs the app.alert method to provide the appropriate instruction. If the user answers 'yes', the signature becomes visible and gets focus for the user to click and add a signature (uses the default tooltip). Once added, the 'Add Signature' menu item would be 'grayed out' until if/when the signature is cleared. What do you think about this idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In reality, I forgot that I didn't need to 'gray out' the 'add signature' menu item once a signature was added to the form since I had already removed the menu button from view upon adding a digital signature to the form. If/when the user should decide to clear his/her signature from the form, the menu button is restored to view. This works out Great in that the user is instructed in the 'Add Signature' app.lert that adding a signature renders the form read-only. Once signed, a tooltip displays over the signature field instructing the user to right-click to clear the signature and restore the form to its previous status. Needless to say, this works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines