• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

script to place numbering on left of page? Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF of a few hundred pages, where I want to add continous numbering on the left the page (the pages are mixed portrait and landscape in the same PDF). The line numbers don't have to match with the actual text on the page. Does anyone have any example code from a script that could do this in Acrobat Pro DC? 

I know line numbering can be difficutl in PDF, but this should be an easier task, as the numbers don't have to match with the actual text on the page. I could obviously do this manually - page by page, but it would be very tedious, so am looking for a script to do this.

Below is an example of what I want to achieve.  Please dont suggest overlaying an image over the pages.  I want to do this by using a script to apply numbers.

numbers.png

 

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using the addField method. Create a long, multi-line text field and apply this string as its value.

See the JavaScript for Acrobat API Reference for more details on how to use this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an example of code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are examples in the reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont see an example of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines