Highlighted

Script to save a copy of file with filename based on content on 2 specific parts of the page

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all you wonderful people who know far more than I do about scripting and everything else. Completely upront, I know nothing about computer language or Javascript, but I can follow directions and figure some things out.

At work, I get a single pdf with about 500 pages of information. Each page needs to be extracted and then renamed based on the content of the file in two locations on the page, which I am currently doing manually. These two locations, the position number field and the employee name field are in a consistent location across all the pages. I was hoping that someone might have a script that I could use to automate this process, being it's so time consuming and tediuous. I tried to get the Evermap Auto-Split plug-in approved for use, but requisitions for new software won't be open until June of next year.

If anyone can help me, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm sure it's not a difficult script, I just do not speak the language, and after trying a few times to figure it out on my own, I failed. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Adobe script example.jpg

After I extract all 500 pages to individual pdfs, (which I would do myself) I need to tell Adobe to save a new copy of the pdf with the filename being the text in those two locations, and then be able to apply that script to the 500 individal pdf files in the folder. If this is at all possible, again, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who would be able to help me out.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script to save a copy of file with filename based on content on 2 specific parts of the page

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all you wonderful people who know far more than I do about scripting and everything else. Completely upront, I know nothing about computer language or Javascript, but I can follow directions and figure some things out.

At work, I get a single pdf with about 500 pages of information. Each page needs to be extracted and then renamed based on the content of the file in two locations on the page, which I am currently doing manually. These two locations, the position number field and the employee name field are in a consistent location across all the pages. I was hoping that someone might have a script that I could use to automate this process, being it's so time consuming and tediuous. I tried to get the Evermap Auto-Split plug-in approved for use, but requisitions for new software won't be open until June of next year.

If anyone can help me, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm sure it's not a difficult script, I just do not speak the language, and after trying a few times to figure it out on my own, I failed. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Adobe script example.jpg

After I extract all 500 pages to individual pdfs, (which I would do myself) I need to tell Adobe to save a new copy of the pdf with the filename being the text in those two locations, and then be able to apply that script to the 500 individal pdf files in the folder. If this is at all possible, again, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who would be able to help me out.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the text in those locations is readable (ie, not just an image) then it should be possible using a custom-made script and an Action (assuming you have Acrobat Pro).

This goes a bit beyond the kind of things we do for people on these forums, as it's a complicated task. If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you (for a fee, of course) feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0